Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Photobooth: "Sven, International Koo of mystery"


I had this idea a while back to photograph some of the misfits in old-style, black and white photobooths. The only problem is that the old-style black and white photobooths don't really exist anymore. They've been replaced with crappy mall photobooths that spit out low-quality glossy pictures and really just don't do the old ones justice. They don't even print in a vertical strip! You know how sacrilegious it is that Halloween candy has shrunken by 50 percent in the past fifteen years? I feel the same way about this photobooth situation. Find me one person who prefers these new "modern" imposters! One person!!
But I tried anyway with "Sven" and I'm sorry to say I am disappointed with the results. However, considering I subjected myself to the public embarrassment of being seen in a mall pumping loonies into a machine to photograph a stuffed animal (HELLO CRAZY CAT LADY), I figured I couldn't let it go to waste. So for the first Koo & Poppet photobooth session, this is as good as it gets. I plan on searching the city for a more authentic photobooth for future sessions.

Here are some better photos of Sven. He will be the first Kollector Koo of 2010 to be added to the shop!
Likes: gardening
dislikes: bug bites

2 comments:

Beth said...

make a pin hole camera!

Koo and Poppet said...

hey......GREAT IDEA!