Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Missing Mignon

It's definitely been an exciting week in the world of Koo & Poppet.
FINN & IZZY, a very lovely children's store in Victoria now has some animals in stock!

Bunnies, Bears, Pigs and Kollector Koos.

FINN & IZZY is located on Oak Bay Avenue and I believe they are also having a big Open House this weekend, so if you live in Victoria stop in and take a peek if you're so inclined.

This may sound very strange, but it's always difficult for me to let go of such a large bunch. Not only do they take on personalities that I get a little attached to, but let's face it - I put my blood, sweat and tears into these creatures!
Most times, this feeling passes and I'm on to the next project.

However, in this case, I have but one regret. C'est Mignon:


She is my favourite. Ever.

It was hard to part with her.

She is from Paris. She is Mignon (as in "cute", not as in "filet").

She likes revolution and dislikes tourists.
She carries croissants in her pockets and frequents Montmartre.

I hope she finds her way into the arms of a little girl who likes knee-highs and the colour red.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this little dish going to Finn and Izzy or will she be up for adoption on Etsy?
Either way, she's adorable - love love love your creations!!

Koo and Poppet said...

Hi Sarah-
To answer your question...both!

(although the ETSY version of Mignon will be made-to-order)

thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the response! I will keep watch on your Etsy shop for Mignon.

Congrats on the piece in Style at Home!!!

lexylou said...

Oh my word....
I want Mignon. I am in love with Paris. So she will be mine, oh yes, she will be mine. Funny I had my eye on the Paris fabric on Etsy, but I waited too long and it was gone. I am going to Finn and Izzy's NOW!

Koo and Poppet said...

lexylou,
haha! I'm so glad you like her :)
I love everything parisian too....can't get enough!

Shirley said...

OOOh!! I just love Mignon too, Sarah. She is a sweet and sassy little one. I do hope she finds her way to the little lady who will adore her. Congratulations on this, Sarah! I can't imagine how hard it is to let go of your creations, but you must get such joy knowing they end up with people who love them. : ) I'm working hard over here...hope there's more to tell soon..keep your fingers crossed for me. I will be able to say more next week I hope! : )